Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Cruise - Friday Night

In honor of Valentine's Day, Capt. Dave, Little Buddy Carroll, and Capt. Fred presented each lady with a rose as they disembarked tonight.

What a wonderful boat full of folks we hosted tonight! And I believe the food we served tonight was the best yet! Chef Tom Eikenberg created a marvelous "surf & turf" menu of beef tenderloin and crabcakes. I thought I knew where to find the best crabcakes in Havre de Grace before. Now I'm sure I know - aboard the Lantern Queen! While the crabcakes and beef got the most attention, the potatoes au gratin were amazing. I'm not sure what was different - they were just so good! But enough about the food!

We miss Kathy Eikenberg, Tom's lovely wife and partner. (Kathy had a bad fall and is still recovering.) Even though she's hobbling, Kathy was able to whip up her sticky toffee pudding cake for tonight's cruise. I thought the best things in life were chocolate until I tasted this amazing dessert. Carroll & I were lucky enough to receive one of these cakes for Christmas, and we've been looking forward to another one ever since! Kathy, not one crumb was left!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! We hope you all have as much love in your lives as we do!

No comments: